I wonder if there’s actually anyone out there who would like or need to make a Goofy Goober? Or am I the only one who’s son wanted one badly?
In any case, here’s the pattern and I hope it’ll help someone.
To make it, you will need:
• Small amounts of yarn in beige (I used orange), green, white, black (I used gray), yellow, purple and red/. I used fingering 100% wool (Bambi by Grignasco 50g/ 224m).
• Knitting needles for knitting in round (dpns, 1 or 2 circulars, depending on how you prefer to knit in round). Use smaller size than usual to get a firm fabric. I used 2mm / US 0
• Crochet hook.
• Darning needle
• Small amount of white felt for eyes
• Black and white sewing thread.
• Sewing needle.
• Toy stuffing
I used a range of techniques to make this toy that are slightly above beginner level. Below I list them all, with links to on-line tutorials. I also link tutorials in the body of the instructions for ease of use.
- Most of the parts a knit in round. I used magic loop, but you can use any technique you prefer. There’s a link to a tutorial that shows how I cast on, but you can use any other preferred method.
- Make 1
- Knit front and back increase
- Surprisingly stretchy bind off for the hat brim. Again, you can use any stretchy bind off that will not pull on the brim of the hat.
- Three-needle bind-off. You can also bind off regularly, and sew two sides together.
- I used crochet to make arms, legs and bow tie. There are links to how to make chain and slip stitch – the only things you need to know. If you prefer not to, you can cast on (10 sts for arms, 12 for legs, and 15 for bow tie) and then bind off straight away in the next row.
I hope you have fun making him, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.