I was so pleased with myself last week, thinking that I’m done with the round of motifs for the yoke of my new crochet dress. I couldn’t be more wrong. Today, I have taken it up again, and did a prep round for the dc/tr wave’s section of the yoke.
Only when I started writing the notes down have I realized that I messed up, and the motifs’ placement is not symmetrical. So I took one motif off, re-connected it correctly, and added one missing flower. Then I could see that I had positioned that extra flower incorrectly, so I repaired that. Looked at it again carefully. Only to finally realise that I acually hate the whole set-up, and would like to try something else. So I separated all the motifs and started playing with them, laying them out on the floor in different shapes. I thought I’d taken more photos, but apparently it’s just this one, that’s terribly blurry.
At one point of time it clicked (at least I think so), and I found a solution that I like. I would have never thought of it just in my head. It was actually moving the octagons with my hands on the floor that allowed me to stumble upon that set up:
So I had just enough time to reassemble the whole thing, and it now looks like this:
Now to find a way to fill these huge gaps between the flowers on the outer side. I want to try something different from what I did with the red dress.
I am linking today with: