I have been working on all of the three projects I have started last week, and made some great progress. It feels so great to get my knitting mojo back.
I have finished the “Pieces of 8” mitts. I really like them and hope to use them a lot this autumn. I managed to loose my last darning needle, so ends still need weaving in. It happened between finishing first and second mitt, so when I needed to graft the second one, I first tried using a crochet hook – but that was waaay too confusing, as you have to insert the hook in the opposite direction to pull out the yarn, compared to when you have a needle. I was so frustrated, I managed to thread my yarn into a regular needle. There are some mistakes in the pattern though: In step 5 after placing second marker cast on 66 sts (I wasn’t sure first, so cast on 70 and delete creased on stich a row afterwards). When you get to picking up stitches between the starting point and the cast on edge for the first time you need to pick up 2 stitches to arrive the at the good stitch count. And after step 6 for both mitts I had 92 sts, not 93.
I also ripped back the hat I started for my mom, and re-started using a larger hook, to get a softer fabric. Here is my progress on top of the hat I am trying to recreate.
Finally, I’ve used one whole skein on my diagonal stripes scarf. I’m now reassured that I have enough yarn to finish it, yay!