I haven’t done too much this week, as I wasn’t feeling too good. But I’d like to get back to posting news habit after my very busy summer, so here’s my update.
I have worked a bit on the scarf – I’ve used about 1/3 to 1/2 of the 2nd skein so far. After I finish it up , I’ll decide if I plan for 3 or 4 skeins in total (out of 9 I have bought – but I plan to make a hat as well, and my son has requested mitts… We’ll see).
I also worked quite a few rounds on my mom’s hat, only to realise, I increase too quickly after I took pictures last time. So I had to rip back, and haven’t touched it since. I find it happens to me often when I work on things in round in crochet without a pattern – it takes about 5-10 rounds in my experience to really show that you’ve increased or decreased too much or too little at a certain point? Or is it just me not trusting my gut feeling enough? I usually suspect it’s not right, but am never sure until I work a few rounds more.
Today is probably a good day to recap on my list for 2015:
1. I want to finish the Riviera waves before the summer is over…. I so I am working quite a lot on it right now. – DONE (not really before the end of the summer though…)
2. I promised a long time ago my son a Garry the Snail (from Spongebob) toy – DONE
3. And more recently, a laid-back cat as well… – hmm, this seems to have transformed into two Raving Rabbids – one for him, and one for my daughter. Will see…
4. My mom’s waiting for a winter hat – WIP
5. My darling still hasn’t gotten his scarf and hat either – working on the scarf…
6. Fingerless mitts for me: – DONE
7. Finish the white dress for next summer…
A couple of things have come up recently:
8. A set of table mats with coasters (and maybe a table runner…)
9. I really crave for a top/cardigan, but cannot decide what it should be…
10. Fingerless mitts for my son
11. and maybe a pair of adult ones, as a present – if I find the right yarn I suppose…