This week has been quite stressful for me, but I have finished a couple of lovely projects.
Firstly, the cowl I was making to match my Sunny hat is done! It is the second Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf that I’ve made, and I love both of them. This time I had a bit more yarn so it’s wider, and I like it this way.
I also had a fun quick project for today: my son’s favourite bunny has found himself in desperate need of clothing, knight-style. So here we go, I think it’s really cute :)
I obviously had no pattern – D explained to me what he wanted, and I just had to figure it out. I was to lazy to take any measurements, or do any calculations. So I started with the cloak, at the top, casting on what looked like a good number of stitches, and increasing on both sides as I worked back and forth in seed stitch. The final number of stitches gave me an idea of how many to cast on for the dress – which I made from the bottom up in the rounds, decreasing gradually towards the top. After that the belt was easy ad quick.
Last year, I made myself a crochet dress, using a picture of Terry Hatcher as an inspiration. I must admit that in the end, I am not too keen on it. I don’t like the neckline, and I think I need to loose a few kilos for it to look good on me (working on that). I am playing with an idea of using the past work to build on it and make another dress with quite a few changes. I even did some swatching this week. But as I am not too sure which shape it should be, I am not really moving along…. I would actually use an existing pattern for some sort of a crochet dress, but I haven’t found anything to inspire me.