Kandinsky coat – part 3

Oh well, this project is taking me ages – now I see why most of models have only a stripe of stranded knitting here and there. It’s very time consuming technique. I am also knitting in all the floats which slows me down even further.

I have separated the body and sleeves as described in the previous post and I am now working on the body. I have a column of red stitches separating the back on each side from the fronts. I increase one stitch on either side of those on the last row of each pattern repeat to create a gentle A-shaping.

After trying it on, we have realize that the fit is not really that of a “coat”, more of a cardigan, and the future owner decided to go for a short one, so after a total of 6 pattern repeats and 9 rows (two increases on the sides), I have started the 1×1 ribbing (20 rows, 5 cm), them 2 rows of brioche, and bound off in Italian (tubular) fashion. I have switched to 2.5mm needles for the ribbing.

 

I hope these ramblings make any sense whatsoever – I am partially writing this up for myself, so that I have some notes if I am ever going to recreate this crazy endeavor.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *