I have been planning to write up everything I would like to make in the near future for ages. As we are heading towards the new year, I think this is the right moment to do so. So here we go:
Need to finish soon – all done:
- The red cardi. It is almost done, just needs a bit of finishing off. – finished 20/12/2017
- 2 crochet doilies for a present. Currently, halfway done with the 1st one –finished 30/12/2017
- The twid cardi I am making for myself – can’t wait to finish and wear it – hopefully, still this winter – finished 13/02/2018.
For a friend of mine – all done
4-5. I hope to have time for these summer crochet hats – 2 adult ones and 2 for a child… She lives in the Southern hemisphere, so it’s already summer there. Finished 5th of January – my friend actually only wanted two.
6. Nichols poncho to order. – Finished 3rd of February
7 – owl toy for my son. Finished 22/02/2017
8. Toy for my daughter.
9. I have been obsessed with crochet bikinis lately, so I would really love one for myself – at least the top part. Need the right yarn for it, though.
10-12. I also want plenty of dresses. At least 3 for the next summer (ha-ha, I will be happy if I finish at least one, to be realistic). But the three are:
- a dress designed by my son for me, I love his idea and will keep it quiet for the time being.
- a variation on my red dress, but with a different yoke/neckline/sleeves
- somethig along those lines:
13. This crochet top – if the silk yarn I have will yield a motive of the correct size
14. I don’t have a warm woolly hat, that needs fixing. However, I have trouble finding a pattern I like.
15. I would like a warm large stole. Perhaps, I can make this one again, this time out of wool instead of cotton.
16. I have lost my lovely light silk shawl, so I may want a replacement.
17. A warm dress for next winter.
18. And a warm sweater…
For my kids
19. It’s a nightmare to find a skirt for a girl these days that is not too short. So I might crochet one (or two) instead, to be worn with leggins…
20. Something for my son, maybe a sweater or a vest?
21-22. Have been promising them a cosy soft cowl each for ages. If not for this winter, may be I can finally tackle this before the next one?
For the house
23. Got to finish that macrame curtain I started last year for the living room
24. And would love to crochet one for the kitchen
Other WIPs that need finishing some time
25. The red table runner – this story has been dragging on for ages now, and needs a closure
26. My Hitofude needs to be done ecentually, I guess?
Well, there we go, as of 12/12/2017 26 projects to go until 31/12/2018. That’s about two projects a month. Some of them larger, others smaller. I guess it could be done. But I will be very proud of myself even if make half of it…
Finished 7 out of 26 by the 1st of March. Not bad, but these were the smaller projects…
Items that I make along the way that have not been part of the original plan.
a) Small crochet key ring charm – yellow dog to honour this year’s symbol according to the Chinese horoscope.
Additions to the plan as they come up during the year:
- My hubby wants a pair of socks, a hat and a scarf by next winter vacation…
- I need new fingerless mitts
- Presents for kids’ teachers