I’ve pinned this top countless time on Pinterest, it was on my mind for years. Now it’s ready and I am so happy with it!
I used 300g of Ariadne Silk yarn (171m/50g or 187 yards/1.76 oz per skein, 100% silk noil) and 3.5mm hook. It’s quite heavy, I wonder whether it will be very warm, or insulating, and I really hope I won’t spill any coffee or red wine on it straight away.
I tried a few versions that there are out there on Pinterest and ended up using this exact motive .
The only thing I tweaked about the motive is sc2 instead of 3 in the very last round. And to make sure I get the construction right I consulted here. I simply did sc all around to finish off the neck, sleeves and bottom – 3 sc in each ch3-sp for neck and sleeves and sc2 in each space for the bottom. I chained two chains across the neck opening on the back, which I left the same as front.
Each motive has a side of cca 11cm, 16 cm in diagonal give or take.
The top measures 47 cm wide at the hips and 60 cm long from the highest shoulder point to the bottom.
Could be just a tiny bit smaller, not by much though. Love it, it would be great to make it from a lighter yarn.