Thanks to two amazing Ravellers, I got a sock blank – natural wool knitted up into a rectangle, and some Kool Aid packets!
I could not wait any longer, and last night I did it! I pre-soaked my wool in water with a bit of vinegar. While it was taking a bath, I prepared the Kool Aid solutions. Looking back, I should have saved the blue one for another occasion, as I barely touched it .
I had to be a bit creative about actually putting the dye onto wool, as I had no suitable tools. But I did have some straws.
For next time, I think I’d put a bit less water into cool aid.
Then let it cool down to room temperature, gave it a wash with a dab of shampoo. The was a bit of colour in the water, but just a tiny tiny bit . And here it is! Very happy, can’t wait to knit it up, but not sure yet what it’s going to be yet.
P.S. I got a little bit surprised when I skeined it – read about it here.