I have so many ideas in my head, that i really think I need to put them down in writing.
I think i have now found a perfect formula for my home-based and on-the-go projects. There are quite a few pairs of socks I’d like to finish, ans they all will be my commute companions, as socks are truly a perfect portable knitting. If manage to finish the following until the end of the year, I’ll be proud of myself
* a pair for my mom, inspired by her favourite store-bought socks. I’ve been trying to chart the pattern, and it’s a pain. So i think instead, I’ll do alternating diamonds of ribbing and rice stitch patterns
* a pair for my husband. First one ever, i dread a little as to how long it will take for his size 45…
* a skinny short pair to wear with sneakers. Maybe from cotton blend
* a well fitting pair for me, maybe herbarium socks
* a pair of thicker socks for me. I have plenty of white yarn left over from the moomin blanket. I’m thinking of making a pair of socks, and then dying them
* a pair of looser fitting thin socks for me, similar to these ones
* maybe a pair each for my kids, but i doubt I’ll manage that, unless i stop working from home and my commute time increases substantially
The larger projects I have in mind will all be stay-at-home ones.
* I need to finish my marshmallow cloud as soon as possible
* and then the white ribbed sweater that will be perfect for spring
* i have been toying with the idea of teal cotton sweater with lace stripes on the sleeves for a long time, I think it’s now time to make it.
* a cardigan or a sweater from the purple fluffy yarn has been in plans forever too, similar to a t-shirt I made for my daughter
*a light oversized sweater on large needles with neon stripes
* and a cozy one from bouclé
* a vest
* and a beach dress, i yet have to find the perfect yarn for.
Hmm, i think the above will keep me busy for more like 2 or 3 years… And I’m sure some new ideas or requests will intrude in the meanwhile as well.