Well, the knitted cushion cover is ready! However, there was a mishap during the blocking, and one of the sides got stained… I’ve washed it again and it’s drying, so I will assess the damage after that and see whether it goes to its intended home, or stays with us… I like it so much I sort of want to keep it…
The colorful side is the Cushion Conglomeration Caper pattern by Wolly Thoughts (free)
The blue side is my idea. It’s made of 4 knitted squares: 1st one is a mitered square (cast on enough stitches for one whole side). Then I picked up stitches on one side and just kitted straight in garter stitch. Same on the second side. Finally, I started with one stitch, increasing one stitch at the end of each row until I got half-square/diamond. I was joining as I went to two straight squares on each side. Then decrease one stitch on each side to finish off the last square.