I have finished a couple more things recently:
Another table mat – we now have 4 of those, enough for the family. Now I want to make some more in case we have guests over. I also think they need to be slightly bigger… I also don’t think I’m going to make matching coasters, but we shall see. I used this great Granny Ripple tutorial for this one:
I have also finished off the hat that was originally intended for my mom, and I absolutely love it! I’m almost sad it’s not warm enough here in Nice to wear it, but I hope it’ll get used when we go to the mountains in February.
A quick gift (pattern from here)
I also made some progress on the table runner, and I like how it is turning out
As the end of 2015 is closing in, I’d like to see how I’ve done so far on my list. As I was going through it, I was surprised at how much I’ve done in the past six months.
1. I want to finish the Riviera waves before the summer is over…. I so I am working quite a lot on it right now. – DONE
2. I promised a long time ago my son a Garry the Snail (from Spongebob) toy – DONE
3. And more recently, a laid-back cat as well… – still in plans (one or two)
4. My mom’s waiting for a winter hat – DONE
5. My darling still hasn’t gotten his scarf and hat either – BOTH DONE!
6. Fingerless mitts for me: – DONE
7. Finish the white dress for next summer… – getting less and less enthusiastic about this project….
As I think forward, I see some additions to my wish list:
8. My daughter has asked me to make an owl plushie that would look like my teapot cozy – I think I like this project a lot and will start on it soon
9. My son would like a stripy hat like his dads, and I think his old hat is getting small, so I may do it.
10. More table mats. I have now 4 in same yarn and different patterns. Can i take these up to 12?
11. In the new appartment, we need curtains. While for most rooms I will go for the usual fabric ones, for kitchet and hallway windows, I would like something along these lines. May be use fun shapes (owls, other animals etc???):
10. We’ve also talked with my darling about me making Christmas hats for all four of us for next year….
11. A lamp shade
I hope to have time tomorrow to post a summary of my craft year…